National Council of Women of Canada - Blog
A blog (a blend of the term web log) is a type of or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.
Most blogs (including this one) are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even message each other via widgets on the blogs and it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites
Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pates, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs.
As of 16 February 2011 (2011 -02-16)[update], there were over 156 million public blogs in existence.
The above from Wikipedia!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Funding Cuts that affected these organizations that served women, children and families
2. Action travail des femmes
3. Alberta Network of Immigrant Women
4. Association féminine d'éducation et d'action sociale (AFEAS)
5. Canadian Child Care Federation
6. Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women (CRIAW)
7. Centre de documentation sur l'éducation des adultes et la condition féminine
8. Child Care Advocacy Association of Canada
9. Child Care Resource and Research Unit, SpeciaLink
10. Conseil d'intervention pour l'accès des femmes au travail (CIAFT)
11. Elspeth Heyworth Centre for Women Toronto (funding cut by CIC in December 2010)
12. Feminists for Just and Equitable Public Policy (FemJEPP) in Nova Scotia
13. First Nations Child and Family Caring Society
14. International Planned Parenthood Federation
15. Marie Stopes International, a maternal health agency, has received only a promise of "conditional" funding IF it avoids any & all connection with abortion
16. MATCH International
17. National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL)
18. Native Women's Association of Canada
19. New Brunswick Coalition for Pay Equity
20. Ontario Association of Interval and Transition Houses (OAITH)
21. Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care
22. Réseau des Tables régionales de groupes de femmes du Québec
23. Riverdale Immigrant Women's Centre, Toronto
24. Sisters in Spirit
25. South Asian Women's Centre
26. Status of Women Canada (mandate also changed to exclude "gender equality and political justice" and to ban all advocacy, policy research and lobbying)
27. Tri-Country Women's Centre Society
28. Womanspace Resource Centre (Lethbridge, Alberta)
29. Women for Community Economic Development in Southwest Nova Scotia (WCEDSN)
30. Women's Innovative Justice Initiative - Nova Scotia
31. Workplace Equity/Employment Equity Program For a PDF of this list , please click here.